Press Release: Expressions of Interest (EOI) for Water Technology Projects
Alberta Innovates Energy and Environment Solutions (AI-EES) and Sustainable Development Technology Canada (SDTC) have launched a joint call for Expressions of Interest (EOI) for Water Technology Projects.
Through this EOI, AI-EES and SDTC are offering applicants a streamlined, harmonized model to access two pools of money through one application. Collectively, there is $8 million available, with a maximum of $1,000,000 per project. The ratio for matching funds (67%) is more than an applicant could typically access through separate SDTC or AI-EES processes.
- Pre-commercial water related technologies that address: municipal water treatment; advanced steam assisted gravity drainage (SAGD) water treatment; oil sands mine water treatment; flow-back and produced water from hydraulic fracturing; agriculture and irrigation; water distribution rehabilitation and repair.
- Must be at the Technology Readiness Level range of 4 to 7, which includes prototype development, field pilots, and commercial scale demonstration projects.
- Are led by applicants both incorporated and operating in Canada with less than 500 employees and less than $50 million in annual gross revenue.
- A consortium is required, which means the applicant must have at least one contractual non-related partner involved with the project.
- Have a maximum project length of two years.
- Project can demonstrates anywhere in Canada, yet technology must be applicable and well-suited for deployment in Alberta.
The EOI deadline is Friday, April 15, 2016 at 3 p.m. Mountain Daylight Time (5 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time). Applicants invited to submit a full project proposal will be notified by Wednesday, May 25, 2016. Final funding decisions will occur in early November 2016.