Job Posting: Web Developer
The Sustainability TV web development division is seeking highly skilled and creative IT professionals to join our team. In this role you have the opportunity to develop your skills and work on projects that will not only test the limits of your imagination but help Sustainability TV grow into a globally recognizable brand.
Responsibilities of our Computer Programmers/Developers
Maintain up to date knowledge of the Sustainability TV Division and work closely with other members of the development team to test, maintain, and specifically to develop ideas and write code to further the company’s vision in one or more of the following areas:
Additional knowledge assets you may have:
- iPhone applications (Requires knowledge of SDK, Objective C)
- Facebook applications (Python, PHP)
- Google (Java, Android)
- Twitter applications (Ruby on Rails, PHP)
- Palm (CSS, Java)
- Nokia (CSS, Java)
- Blackberry (Java ME)
Provide weekly progress reports and communication of successes to team members.
Maintain strict project confidentiality as well as encryption of information accessed and stored.
Personal Traits and Experiential Knowledge
- Highly detail and quality oriented with a passion and aptitude for web and mobile phone development.
- Self motivated and able to work independently, remotely and in a team environment
- Creative thinker, takes initiative, achieves and exceeds goals and expectations.
- Knowledge of the programming language specific to the project (as outlined above).
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experiential knowledge.
- Your strongest assets are “out of the box” creative thinking and a “can do” attitude.
- Superior experiential knowledge and demonstrable achievement and successes.
- Multilingualism is an asset (English essential)
- Flexible, allowing you to work remotely on occasion.
- Numerous networking, advancement and industry learning opportunities.
- PAID: (depending on experience) hourly + Equity Participation
- VOLUNTEER: we also have volunteer opportunities for those interested in supporting the mission.
About the Organization
Sustainability Television Inc. is a social enterprise web broadcaster and social media network which promotes healthy, communities and lifestyles. Our work is changing the world and the team fosters a relaxed fun atmosphere where our employees and volunteers love what they do – everyday you get the chance to help create the kind of world you want to live in.
If being a part of the solution interests you, and you’re up to the challenge please forward your resume, cover letter (including how you heard about us) to: https://www.sustainabilitytelevision.com/contact/hr
Sustainability Television thanks all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To explore other employment and volunteer opportunities with Sustainability TV, visit our career page: https://www.sustainabilitytelevision.com/career